DESG graduate scheme: engineering system anchors
Guide to the career anchor areas available on the Defence Engineering and Science Group (DESG) graduate scheme.
The DESG graduate scheme is streamed by engineering system anchors. These represent areas of work in which engineering graduates’ professional development can be rooted in within the MOD. These include:
- maritime: naval architecture
- maritime: marine engineering
- nuclear: weapons
- nuclear: propulsion
- weapons: weapons
- weapons: ordnance, munitions and explosives
- maritime combat systems
- Intelligence, Surveillance, Target Acquisition and Reconnaissance (ISTAR)
Published: 1 March 2011
Updated: 28 December 2016
- Details of graduate scheme details updated.
- Replaced the previous engineering system anchors booklets with the latest version of the 'Making your engineering system anchors choice' booklet.
- Added an updated version of the guide to engineering system anchors
- Updated ESA documents
- First published.