- Competition and Markets Authority
- Part of:
- Markets and monopolies register of orders, undertakings and directions
- 14 December 2016
- Last updated:
- 20 September 2017, see all updates
This order provides measures to improve the accuracy and timeliness of gas meter reading and settlement.
PDF, 335KB, 12 pages
PDF, 492KB, 7 pages
PDF, 229KB, 2 pages
This order was made under the market investigation provisions of the Enterprise Act 2002.
The order requires retail gas suppliers:
- where a supply meter can remotely transmit a valid meter reading, to take all reasonable steps to obtain a valid reading and submit all valid readings to the relevant gas transporter on at least a monthly basis
- where a supply meter cannot remotely transmit valid meter readings, to take all reasonable steps to provide a valid meter reading to the relevant gas transporter at least once every year
Further information is available on the energy market investigation case page.
Published: 14 December 2016
Updated: 20 September 2017
- Letter confirming the date Article 3.3 of the order comes into force published.
- First published.