Employee share and security schemes and Capital Gains Tax: HS287 Self Assessment helpsheet
- HM Revenue & Customs
- Part of:
- Self Assessment forms and helpsheets: Capital Gains Tax and Self Assessment
- First published:
- 4 July 2014
- Last updated:
- 6 April 2017, see all updates
Employee share and security schemes and Capital Gains Tax.
Ref: HS287 PDF, 310KB, 7 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email email@example.com. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
This guide explains employee share and security schemes and Capital Gains Tax. It explains:
- approved Share Incentive Plans (SIPs)
- other approved schemes
- transfers to Individual Savings Accounts (ISAs)
- transfers to certain pension schemes
- Enterprise Management Incentives (EMIs)
- unapproved share schemes
- same day share acquisitions (after 5 April 2002)
- relief on certain disposals of unlisted shares to an approved share incentive plan
Published: 4 July 2014
Updated: 6 April 2017
- The helpsheet has been been added for the tax year 2016 to 2017.
- Rates, allowances and duties have been updated for the tax year 2016 to 2017.
- Rates, allowances and duties have been updated for the tax year 2015 to 2016.
- First published.