Ecuador immigration policy
Useful reference points on the Ecuadorean Immigration Policy.
PDF, 142KB, 4 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org . Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
- As a British visitor, you do not need a visa to come to Ecuador.
- The Ecuadorean Immigration Law allows most foreign visitors to remain in Ecuador for up to 90 days per year. This is applied in every entry point in Ecuador.
- Main land official border points in Ecuador -Rumichaca (north), Huaquillas (south), and Nuevo Rocafuerte (east) – will issue an entry stamp in your passport.
- As of September 2012, police immigration officers have been replaced by immigration civil personnel (Proyecto de Intervención Integral de Migración). However, this project is still under an integration and hand-over process, which also means that some of the contact details will eventually change. The whole integration process is expected to end in 2014.
Published: 30 April 2013
Updated: 5 April 2017
- Up to date version of the Ecuador Immigration Policy
- Policy updated August 2016
- Policy Updated, December 2015.
- Update to Ecuador Immigration Policy
- Update to Ecuadorean Immigration Policy
- Document attached updated
- First published.