Ecuador immigration policy
Useful reference points on the Ecuadorean Immigration Policy.
PDF, 136KB, 4 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email email@example.com . Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
- as a British visitor, you do not need a visa to come to Ecuador
- the Ecuadorian Immigration Law allows most foreign visitors to remain in Ecuador for up to 90 days per year. This is applied in every entry point in Ecuador
- main land official border points in Ecuador -Rumichaca (north), Huaquillas (south), and Nuevo Rocafuerte (east) – will issue an entry stamp in your passport
- as of September 2012, police immigration officers have been replaced by immigration civil personnel (Proyecto de Intervencion Integral de Migracion). However, this project is still under an integration and hand-over process, which also means that some of the contact details will eventually change. The whole integration process is expected to end in 2014
Published: 30 April 2013
Updated: 4 August 2016
- Policy updated August 2016
- Policy Updated, December 2015.
- Update to Ecuador Immigration Policy
- Update to Ecuadorean Immigration Policy
- Document attached updated
- First published.