© Crown copyright 2014
This publication is licensed under the terms of the Open Government Licence v3.0 except where otherwise stated. To view this licence, visit nationalarchives.gov.uk/doc/open-government-licence/version/3 or write to the Information Policy Team, The National Archives, Kew, London TW9 4DU, or email: email@example.com.
Where we have identified any third party copyright information you will need to obtain permission from the copyright holders concerned.
This publication is available at https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/dn22-0eu-environmental-permit-application-advertisement/dn22-0eu-environmental-permit-application-advertisement
The Environment Agency has received a new bespoke application for an environmental permit under the Environmental Permitting (England and Wales) Regulations 2010 from EDF Energy (Cottam Power) Limited.
- Application number: EPR/FP3532EG/A001
- Regulated facility type: 5.4 A(1) b) (iii) Recovery or a mix of recovery and disposal of > 75 t/d non-hazardous waste (> 100 t/d if only AD) involving treatment of slags and ashes
- Regulated facility location: Cottam Power Station, Outgang Lane, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, DN22 0EU
The application contains a description of:
- the installation
- the materials, substances and energy it will use and generate
- the conditions of its site
- the source, nature and quantity of its foreseeable emissions and their significant effects on the environment
- the proposed techniques for preventing, reducing, and monitoring its emissions and preventing and recovering waste
- and an outline of the main alternatives, if any, considered
1. How to view the application
The information is held in the Environment Agency register at the following location
You can look at the register 9.30am to 4.30pm, Monday to Friday. Please phone the Environment Agency’s National Customer Contact Centre on 03708 506 506 to arrange an appointment. You may get a copy of documents on the register. The Environment Agency may charge to cover copying costs.
2. How to comment on the application
If you have any comments on the application send these by 27 August 2014.
Or write to:
Permitting and Support Centre
99 Parkway Avenue
Normally the Environment Agency must put any comments they receive on the public register. Tell the Environment Agency if you don’t want your comments to be public.
The Environment Agency must decide whether to grant or refuse the application. If they grant it, they must decide what conditions to include in the permit.