Freedom of Information response asking for details of Department for Transport quangos to be closed, transferred or saved as of July 2011.
This is a response to a Freedom of Information request for details on the status of Department for Transport quangos. The original request asked which quangos:
- were originally expected to close
- have closed or been transferred elsewhere
- remain open and, if so, the expected closure date of any quangos that are open
- originally were to close but are now under review with a view to keeping them
- have been saved
- that were not originally listed have now closed or are being considered for closure
In our response we explain that the organisations proposed for abolition, in an announcement of 14 October 2010, were:
- Cycling England
- the Disabled Persons Transport Advisory Committee (DPTAC)
- the Renewable Fuels Agency (RFA)
- the Railway Heritage Committee (RHC)
- the Commission for Integrated Transport (CfIT)
- BRB (Residuary) Ltd
Of the organisations listed for closure above, the response explains that as of 1 August 2011, CfIT, Cycling England and RFA have been closed and that the main functions of the RFA have been taken up by the Department for Transport. The letter also states that closure of DPTAC, RHC, and BRB (Residuary) Ltd is subject to the successful conclusion of the Public Bodies Bill.