A series of presentations given at Ecobuild 2018, which provide an introduction to heat networks, and cover:
- information about developing heat networks and the government support available
- details of the variety of schemes underway, and the support available for new schemes
- first-hand insights into the customer perspective
- key tips on project development, and pitfalls to avoid
- information on investing in heat networks
Note on the Technical Optimisation slides
The quantitative optimisation contained in the Technical Optimisation slides does not consider risk. The results of the optimisation might be different if risk were to be factored in. Applicants to HNIP will need to consider how they consider risk when optimising a more complex scheme, for example where some heat customers might not connect to the scheme for one reason or another or where there might be maintenance issues affecting operation of the heat source.
The Technical Optimisation slides could include a further risk managed quantitative assessment overlaid on them, for example, to consider performance of heat sources with no maintenance issues and worse performance taking into account any minimum performance guarantees available from operation and management (O&M) providers. This would introduce an aspect of subjectivity depending on the risk appetite of the sponsor.