- Date requested: 2 August 2010
- Publish date: 8 September 2010
- Updated: 25 November 2010
Does the department have a purchasing card programme and can it provide the following information:
- Which bank provides your purchasing card scheme?
- What was the total amount of spend placed through the scheme last financial year (1 April 2009 - 31 March 2010)?
- When does your contract for the supply of purchasing cards expire?
- Does the contract have a break clause?
- Does the department have more than one purchasing card programme?
- If the department has more than one programme could it provide answers for all the programmes that are currently running in the organisation?
Our current card provider is Barclaycard. However, you may also be interested to know that we will soon change to a new provider - JP Morgan. The current target date for this transition is 1 November2010. To allow us to capture all spend data and mop up any transactions that fall between the transition to our new card provider, we will continue to work with Barclaycard until mid to late November.
Our contract with Barclaycard does not have a break clause. The framework agreement (the Government Procurement Card Services Agreement) on which the contract was based has now expired, allowing us to make the move across to JP Morgan.
Finally, in terms of total spend from April 2009 to March 2010, I can confirm that this figure stands at £368,129.16.