This report shows our performance on paying invoices promptly.
Defra prompt payments data
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email email@example.com. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
Defra is committed to paying suppliers and organisations promptly.
Since 1 April 2015, we have been required to publish information on the percentage of invoices that are paid promptly.
The quarterly report shows the percentage of invoices paid within:
- 5 days
- 30 days
The annual report shows:
- the percentage of invoices paid within 30 days
- the amount of interest paid to suppliers due to late payment
Publication of this information on the internet is a requirement under regulation 113(7) of the Public Contract Regulations Act 2015.
The background to this is set out in Procurement Policy Note 05/15 on prompt payment and reporting performance
Published: 11 November 2015
Updated: 25 July 2017
- Q1 for 2017 - 2018 update available
- Q4 16/17 information published.
- Publication of quarterly update (quarter 3 of financial year 2016/17).
- Updated information provided.
- figures for Quarter 1 2016-17 prompt payment performance published
- Amendments to wording under 'Detail' section of the page.
- Quarterly update.
- First published.