As part of its commitment to greater transparency of public information, the Government set out the following timed commitments
- Names, grades, job titles and annual pay rates for most senior civil servants with salaries above £150,000 to be published in June 2010
- Names, grades, job titles and annual pay rates for most senior civil servants
- Organogram for central government departments and agencies that include all staff positions to be published in a common format from October 2010.
Commitment (a) was delivered in June 2010. The Department will publish commitments (b) and (c) - extending salary disclosure to the Senior Civil Service (SCS) and the production of departmental organograms on Friday 15 October 2010. We will be expected to publish updated information on a 6-monthly basis.
Salary details of staff below SCS Pay Band 2 will not be published, but job titles and number of reports will be published.
What will be published?
- An organogram of DCMS to Deputy Director level. Below this, staff numbers has been summarised by grade. The organogram shows all posts, whether or not vacant. It includes staff on loan or on secondment in to DCMS and staff on maternity leave.
- The names of Directors have not been disclosed where the post holder has not agreed for their name to be revealed.
- GOE staff numbers are not split under Deputy Directors as they have been elsewhere. For the purpose of this exercise, they are shown as a flexible pool of resource.
- The total number of staff as at 30 June 2010 was 434. This figure excludes SCS staff, employees on secondments/loans to other departments/organisations. Agency staff, consultants and specialist contractors are also excluded.
- A remuneration report that will show individual salary information (in £5,000 bands) for SCS Pay Bands 2-4 (generically, Directors, Director Generals and Permanent Secretaries). Names and Salary details for staff in grades SCS1 and 1A will not be disclosed.
- A dataset providing summary information for more junior posts.
- A dataset for the posts shown in the family tree
- DCMS Organogram (521kb)
- Senior salaries dataset (CSV 3kb)
- Senior staff posts dataset (CSV 25kb)
- Junior staff posts dataset (CSV 2kb)
(The exercise is concerned with providing a snapshot of the department as at 30 June 2010 and as such; this information does not necessarily reflect our current make-up. The information will also be published on the Cabinet Office website. DCMS will publish the information on its website and data.gov.uk, after the initial publication has taken place).