Filtering identifies and removes protected convictions and cautions so that they are not disclosed on a DBS certificate.
Guidance for employers about the filtering of criminal record checks (DBS checks).
- changing your recruitment application forms for filtering
- what PNC information will be shown on a DBS certificate?
- what PNC information will be filtered from inclusion on a DBS certificate?
- what other types of information are shown on enhanced DBS certificates?
- when did the rules change in relation to information being filtered?
- what are the changes?
- can an employer ask an individual to declare details of all convictions and cautions?
- completion of section e field 55 on the DBS application form
- positions where filtering does not apply
- external guidance
Published: 11 June 2013
Updated: 13 December 2013
- Information added about external guidance available from Nacro and Unlock.
- Added more information about convictions with multiple offences.
- Updated to version 1.4 - added a link to Unlock guidance
- Uploaded new version 1.3 with further advice on filtering.
- Updated version of the document.
- First published.
- Updated the document