Disclosure and Barring Service eligibility guidance for those working with children and adults.
Published: 14 November 2012
Updated: 12 May 2016
- Updated the link for regulated activity with children.
- Updated regulations at number 44 in the eligibility table. It doesn't affect the eligibility for standard DBS checks for individuals covered by the new regulations.
- Added an updated Welsh version of the eligibility guide.
- Includes a new NHS role where the work involves counter fraud measures, the investigation of offences or security management. A DBS standard level check can be submitted.
- Changes to legislation - the eligibility guidance and child workforce document have both been updated to include some new entries about the introduction of child minder agencies by Ofsted. These show in the eligibility guidance from reference number 34 onwards.
- Welsh copy of the eligibility guidance updated to version 5.
- Eligibility guide and workforce documents updated.
- The eligibility and workforce guidance has been updated to reflect changes to the legislation that gives employers access to DBS checks for individuals who work with children.
- Fixed the link to regulated activity with children on the Department for Education website
- Added a link to the DBS sample policy on the recruitment of ex-offenders.
- Added guidance documents about adult and child workforces. Supervision guidance has also been added.
- Added a Welsh version of the guide.
- Added information about submitting an application eligibility enquiry to the DBS
- Updated to version 2
- First published.