Dartford Crossing vehicle classes
Vehicle classes relating to the Dartford Crossing road user charge
PDF, 1.64MB, 1 page
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
Vehicles are placed into different classes for purposes of the Dartford Crossing. The class of your vehicle determines the exact road user charge.
Vehicle class A includes:
- motorcycles with 2 or 3 wheels
- 3 wheel cars
- quad bikes/quadricycles
Vehicle class B includes:
- cars with or without trailers, caravans etc
- passenger vans and buses with no more than 8 seats in addition to the driver’s seat
Vehicle class C includes:
- goods vans, including car-based vans without side windows behind the driver
- vans/buses with more than 8 seats in addition to the driver’s seat
- Goods vehicles with 2 axles
- 2 axle goods vehicle with a drawbar trailer
Vehicle class D includes:
- goods vehicles with more than two axles (whether dropped or not)
- buses and coaches with more than two axles
- articulated vehicles with a semi-trailer