Current schedule of contracts
A request and disclosure for information regarding the current schedule of contracts that deals with procurement.
- Date requested: 20 September 2010
- Publish date: 28 September 2010
- Updated: 16 November 2010
Can the department provide information regarding the current schedule of contracts that deals with procurement?
There is a legal requirement for public bodies to compile a register of contracts detailing, but not included to:
- what the contract is for
- who the contract is with
- the contract value
- the length of the contract
- the start and expiry date of each
- any other supporting information
There is no legal requirement for public bodies to compile a register of contracts so the department will be unable to provide this information.
The government, in its publication The Coalition: our programme for government, sets out the need for greater transparency across its operations.
This includes the publication of all ICT contracts with a value over £10,000 from July 2010 and all other new central government contracts over £10,000 from January 2011.
An ICT contract is one or more of the following:
- goods or services which are ICT in itself
- an ICT-enabled business change project
- a project where ICT is a key element or feature of that project (e.g. representing more than 40 per cent of the requirement or contract value)
Information on contracts awarded since July 2010 with a value over £10,000 are published on ICT contracts.
Published: 28 September 2010
From: Department for Education