This report focuses on the public sector fraud landscape in central government and the progress we are making to tackle fraud and error loss outside of the tax and welfare system.
In this year’s publication, we report on the 2017-18 and 2018-19 data trends and highlight the work we are doing across government and as the Counter Fraud Function to fight economic crime and protect public services.
We also report on the key activity from 2018-19, as led by the Cabinet Office Counter Fraud Centre of Expertise, including:
- the progress made to embed the Counter Fraud Functional Standard across the function
- how government departments and their arm’s-length bodies are performing against the Counter Fraud Functional Standard
And how we are:
- building and increasing counter fraud capability across government
- delivering expert advice to support departments and their arm’s-length bodies to find more fraud
- unlocking the power of data to tackle fraud
- working with our international partners and bringing further expertise to the UK