This report focuses on the public-sector fraud landscape in central government, and the levels of fraud and error loss outside of the tax and welfare system.
In this report, we focus on the 2016-17 loss trends, and highlight the work that we are doing to find more fraud through raising standards and improving capability.
We also report on the key activity from 2017-18, as led by the Cabinet Office Centre of Expertise for Counter Fraud including:
- the progress we are making to build and increase counter fraud capability in government
- how government organisations are progressing against the functional standards for counter fraud
- how we continue to find fraud in new areas where little is known
- how we are using data to better find and prevent fraud
- how we are working with overseas governments to share best practice on countering fraud and economic crime