November's update on the latest news and information on police and crime issues.
November’s newsletter includes the following stories:
- comprehensive spending review
- Draft Investigatory Powers Bill published
- the national security strategy and strategic defence and security review published
- Lynne Owens announced as new head of National Crime Agency
- new THINK! campaign to highlight the dangers of drink driving
- new campaign launched to fight money laundering and organised crime
- all police forces now connected to the child abuse image database
- serious and organised crime local partnerships bulletin
- police ICT summit 2016
- new psychoactive substance banned under temporary power
- Surveillance Camera Commissioner launches certification scheme
- new sentencing guidelines for corporate manslaughter, health and safety and food safety announced.
- charity governance awards nomination period open