These documents explain the Criminal Records Bureau’s (CRB) structure and salaries for 2011. The sets of data were compiled at March and September 2011.
The documents give information about:
- the number and types of posts in the CRB
- the salaries (within £5,000 bands) of the most senior civil servants in our organisation and the salary costs of their teams
1 This information focuses on posts rather than people. The following posts are included:
- those occupied by permanent staff
- those occupied by fixed term appointees
- all posts occupied by a member of staff loaned or seconded into the department (regardless of funding arrangement)
- all staff on loan or secondment out of the department for which the department is incurring a cost
- all staff who are being paid but are not in a substantive post
- vacant posts
The following posts are excluded:
- exclusions on security grounds
2 These publications are based on information taken on 31 March and 30 September 2011. Like all organisations, staff changes occur on a frequent basis, which makes complete accuracy at this level of detail a difficult task.
3 National pay scales are shown for all junior staff.
4 Team salary costs are rounded to the nearest £10,000.