Contracted-out pension schemes: termination or change of responsibility to an overseas scheme (CA1890)

Use form CA1890 as a notification of termination of contracted-out employment and change of responsibility.


Termination or change of responsibility to an overseas scheme (CA1890)

This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.

If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.


Use form CA1890 to terminate or change responsibility from a contracted-out salary related scheme or the active contracted-out salary related scheme part of a contracted-out mixed benefit scheme to an overseas scheme or arrangement that is not contracted-out under UK legislation.

Email HMRC to ask for this form in Welsh (Cymraeg).

Termination of contracted-out employment (CA14)
Guidance on salary related pension schemes and salary related parts of mixed benefits schemes.

Published 2 June 2014