Detailed guidance and forms for owners, operators and masters to apply to the Registry of Shipping and Seamen (RSS), for a new or amended continuous synopsis record (CSR).
The CSR is a form of log book that stays with the ship for its whole life, and records all changes of owner, flag, name, class, ISM etc.
The ship must keep its copy of the whole CSR onboard even when it:
- transfers to another flag state
- is sold to another owner
- is taken over by another bareboat charter
- another company assumes the responsibility of the ship operation
A CSR must be maintained for:
- passenger ships on international voyages
- cargo ships of 500GT and above on international voyages
- class A passenger ships operating domestic services within UK waters
The RSS issues CSRs for UK registered ships in the English language.