Guidance and forms for owners, operators and masters.
Ref: MSF 5623 rev 0314 MS Word Document, 1.19MB
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
Use these forms to apply to the Registry of Shipping and Seamen (RSS) for a new continuous synopsis record (CSR) or to make amendments to your CSR.
The CSR is a form of log book that stays with the ship for its whole life, and records all changes of owner, flag, name, class, ISM etc.
The ship must keep its copy of the whole CSR onboard even when it:
- transfers to another flag state
- is sold to another owner
- is taken over by another bareboat charter
- another company assumes the responsibility of the ship operation
A CSR must be maintained for:
- passenger ships on international voyages
- cargo ships of 500GT and above on international voyages
- class A passenger ships operating domestic services within UK waters
The RSS issues CSRs for UK registered ships in the English language.