Construction Industry Scheme: partner's repayment claim (CIS41)
- HM Revenue & Customs
- Part of:
- Construction Industry Scheme forms and publications and Construction Industry Scheme (CIS)
- First published:
- 4 April 2014
- Last updated:
- 6 October 2016, see all updates
Use the online form service if you're in a partnership and want to claim repayment of subcontractor deductions during the current tax year.
Ref: CIS41 https://www.tax.service.gov.uk/forms/form/partners-repayment-claim/new
Ref: CIS41 https://public-online.hmrc.gov.uk/lc/content/xfaforms/profiles/forms.html?contentRoot=repository:///Applications/PersonalTax_iForms/1.0/CIS41_20167&template=CIS41.xdp
If you’re a subcontractor working as a partnership use the online form to claim for repayment of subcontractor deductions in the current tax year.
Use your tax return instead of this form if you’re making your claim after the end of the tax year.
You can either:
- use the online form service (sign in to, or set up a Government Gateway account)
- fill in the form on-screen, print it off and post it to HM Revenue and Customs
If you use the online form, you’ll get a reference number that you can use to track the progress of your form.
Information you’ll need
You’ll need the following details to complete the online form:
- your National Insurance number
- your partnership tax reference number
- each partner’s tax reference number
- the bank details where any repayments are to be sent
Before you start using the postal form
If you’re using the postal form and your browser is an older one, for example, Internet Explorer 8, you’ll need to update it or use a different browser. Find out more about browsers.
You’ll need to fill in the form fully before you can print it. You can’t save a partly completed form so gather all your information together before you start to fill it in.
Related forms and guidance
CIS40: individual’s repayment claim
Use form CIS40 if you are in business on your own and want to claim repayment of subcontractor deductions during the current tax year.
Published: 4 April 2014
Updated: 6 October 2016
- An online forms service is now available.
- CIS41 (English and Welsh) has been updated to reflect new tax year changes.
- Welsh translation added.
- First published.