Code of Practice: picketing
- Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy
- Part of:
- Trade unions: guidance and codes of practice and Labour market reform
- First published:
- 31 March 1992
- Last updated:
- 24 February 2017, see all updates
Guidance on picketing for employers, workers or members of the public who may be affected by a picket or any associated activities.
PDF, 402KB, 20 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email email@example.com. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
This Code of Practice provides practical guidance on picketing in trade disputes for those contemplating, organising or taking part in a picket or activities associated with picketing.
The Code has been updated to reflect the legal provisions made by the Trade Union Act 2016 and supersedes the Code of Practice on Picketing issued in 1992.
Published: 31 March 1992
Updated: 24 February 2017
- Final version of Code of Practice published
- Explanatory memorandum added
- Draft code of practice added
- First published.