We have a received a request under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 for the following:
1. How many employees does the authority/department have?
2. How many company vehicles (cars and vans) does the authority/department operate?
3. How many cars and the how many vans do you operate?
4. How many at-fault accidents have employees had in your vehicles for each of the past three years?
5. How many employees use their own vehicles for work purposes (this can be calculated by those who claim for mileage payments on expenses)?
6. How many miles have been claimed annually by these ‘grey fleet’ drivers over the past three years?
7. What has been the annual cost of these grey fleet repayment claims for each of the past three years?
8. What is the pence-per-mile rate that each of these ‘grey fleet’ drivers can reclaim for their business mileage? Can you show the annual lump sum separately if there is one.
9. What action if any is the authority/department taking to reduce these payments?
10. Does the authority/department check a) driving licences b) business insurance c) mots/servicing for its grey fleet vehicles? If so how often?
The request also included questions made under the Environmental Information Regulations 2004 for the following:
- What are the annual CO2 emissions from your fleet and then the average CO2 emissions per car (CO2 g/km)?
- Is there a CO2 emissions cap on your cars - if so what is it (g/km)?
- What is the authority/department’s overall CO2 reduction target?
- What is the estimated annual CO2 emission from your grey fleet?
- What if any control does the authority/department have to reduce CO2emissions from its ‘grey fleet’?
We released the following information on the 8 October 2010.
Date: Fri Jun 03 14:37:12 BST 2011
In response to a joint Freedom of Information and Environmental Information Regulations request about the Home office use of ‘grey fleet’ vehicles and their CO2 emissions.