Information and application form for the co-operative intelligent transport systems and smart infrastructure funding competition.
Competition guidance and application form for the cooperative-intelligent transport systems funding competition (C-ITS) available to local authorities.
The C-ITS competition is to:
- promote the use of C-ITS on the local road network
- improve assets management of our highway network through technology and innovation
The deadline for submissions is 5pm on Friday, September 30 2016.
Successful bids will be revealed in November 2016 with schemes expected to be completed by March 2018.
Electronic bids should be sent to email@example.com.
C-ITS are technology systems applied to transport and infrastructure which transfer information between systems. These systems lead to improved safety, productivity and environmental performance. Example C-ITS systems include:
- stand-alone applications such as traffic management systems
- information and warning systems installed in individual vehicles
- applications involving vehicle to infrastructure and vehicle-to-vehicle communications