This letter is a response to a Freedom of Information request about cloud computing services used by DfT. The request asked if the department uses cloud computing services and, if so:
- which cloud computing service and provider are being used
- if known, in which country the cloud computing service’s servers are located
- what measures are taken to ensure that content stored on the cloud is compliant with the Data Protection Act
- whether the department requested specific terms and conditions from the service provider
- whether the cloud computing service that is being used comply with the EU’s standard contractual terms
The department responds by providing details of the services it uses.