Fifth issue of Civil Service Quarterly, providing a snapshot of the work done by UK civil servants.
The fifth issue of Civil Service Quarterly includes articles on:
- voice, choice and control: how civil servants can make a difference to the lives of women and children across the globe
- bagging the benefits of the carrier bag charge: introducing the single-use carrier bag charge in Wales
- measuring school success: a major shift in how success is measured for GCSEs is coming
- ‘The Blunders of Our Governments’ reviewed by Sir David Normington GCB
- resource nationalism: is the UK economy at risk of countries or companies restricting the supply of key resources?
- how I got here: Pete Thompson, Deputy Chief Executive of the Defence Science and Technology Laboratory, talks about his career
- reforming child maintenance: taking a fresh approach - how the Department for Work and Pensions brought a fresh approach to child maintenance
- interview with Duncan Selbie, Chief Executive of Public Health England