Civil Service headline employment statistics taken from Office for National Statistics (ONS) Quarterly Public Sector Employment Statistics, ONS Annual Civil Service Statistics and Cabinet Office SCS database.
Quarterly infographics presenting headline figures and trends on the size, shape and make-up of the Civil Service workforce, including:
- headline Civil Service employment numbers since 1902
- representation of women, people with disabilities and ethnic minorities in the Civil Service and across grades
- Civil Service workforce by grade and region
- numbers of entrants and leavers in the Civil Service since 2008
Published: 22 October 2015
Updated: 27 September 2017
- Updated with data to June 2017
- Updated with revised data to March 2017
- Updated with data to March 2017.
- Updated to December 2016 data.
- Updated Civil Service workforce data June 2016.
- Updated Civil Service workforce data.
- SCS data updated.
- 2015 Q3 statistics published to 30 September
- First published.