The Greater Cambridge City Deal aims to boost growth by investing in local infrastructure, housing and skills.
The deal agreed between government and Greater Cambridge allows Greater Cambridge to maintain and grow its status as a prosperous economic area. It will:
- create an infrastructure investment fund
- speed up the development of 33,480 planned homes and allow 1,000 extra new homes to be built
- create more than 400 new apprenticeships for young people
- provide £1 billion of local and national public sector investment, enabling an estimated £4 billion of private sector investment in the Greater Cambridge area
- create 45,000 new jobs
- create a governance arrangement for joint decision making between the local councils