Circular 019/2014: temporary promotion of superintendents
Endorses the PNB circular on temporary promotion arrangements for officers in the superintending ranks.
- broad subject: police service
- sub category: police pay and conditions
- implementation date: 10/10/2014
- from: Crime and Policing Group (CPG) – policing directorate, police workforce and efficiency unit
- for more information contact: Harriet Mackinlay team at firstname.lastname@example.org
- addressed to: chief police officers of England and Wales, police crime commissioners
Home Office circular endorsing the Police Negotiating Board (PNB) circular 2014/20 on temporary promotion arrangements for officers in the superintending ranks.
As set out in PNB circular 2014/20 (attached), prior to the abolition of the PNB, the Official and Staff Sides of the PNB Superintendents’ Standing Committee reached agreement to extend the Chief Officers’ agreement on temporary promotion arrangements to officers in the superintending ranks.
This agreement applies from 1 April 2014.
The determinations of the Police Regulations 2003 will be amended in due course, to reflect this agreement. This process is under way.