Research and analysis
Children who return home from care: improving practice
Research on how local authorities support children who return home from care and their families.
Ref: ISBN 978-1-78105-549-6, DFE-RR498 PDF, 1.69MB, 78 pages
Ref: ISBN 978-1-78105-550-2, DFE-RR498a PDF, 250KB, 14 pages
Ref: ISBN 978-1-78105-551-9, DFE-RR498b PDF, 669KB, 57 pages
Ref: ISBN 978-1-78105-552-6, DFE-RR498c PDF, 1.88MB, 51 pages
Ref: ISBN 978-1-78105-554-0, DFE-RR498d PDF, 1010KB, 36 pages
This research looks into the work local authorities do to support children who return home from care.
It examines how local authorities:
- decide that a child is ready to come home from care
- plan the child’s transition from care
- support children who return from care and their families
- monitor the children who have returned home from care
- train and supervise staff in charge of supporting children who return home from care
The National Children’s Bureau and the Centre for Child and Family Research at Loughborough University carried out this research.