Research on how local authorities support children who return home from care and their families.
This research looks into the work local authorities do to support children who return home from care.
It examines how local authorities:
- decide that a child is ready to come home from care
- plan the child’s transition from care
- support children who return from care and their families
- monitor the children who have returned home from care
- train and supervise staff in charge of supporting children who return home from care
The National Children’s Bureau and the Centre for Child and Family Research at Loughborough University carried out this research.