Children in need census 2017 to 2018: specification
Specification and validation rules for local authorities and software suppliers preparing for the 2017 to 2018 children in need census.
Ref: DFE-00260-2016 PDF, 450KB, 33 pages
This file is in an OpenDocument format
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email email@example.com . Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
MS Excel Spreadsheet, 20.6KB
This is technical information about submitting data for the children in need census for the period 1 April 2017 to 31 March 2018.
It is for:
- suppliers of software for local authority management information systems (MIS)
- users of local authority MIS software
- changes to the previous year’s census collection
- what data local authorities should supply at child level
- how to structure the data in XML
- how to check the data against the validation rules