Child protection: working with foreign authorities
Guidance on child protection cases and care orders where the child has links to a foreign country.
Applies to England
There’s further guidance on what will happen after 31 December 2020 at Cross-border child protection cases: the 1996 Hague Convention.
This guidance is for:
- local authorities
- social workers
- service managers
- children’s services lawyers
- a set of principles for social workers working on child protection cases and care orders, where the child has links to a foreign country
- a summary of the main international legislation
- guidance on agencies and organisations that social workers can seek advice from, or provide information to, when working on these cases
- links to other relevant guidance
Published 12 September 2014