Use the on screen form CH2 to claim Child Benefit. If you can't open the form use the 'print then complete' version.
Use form CH2 (complete on screen) to claim Child Benefit for one or more children. You can fill in the form on screen but you must print and send it to HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC), along with the birth certificate of any child you are claiming for. The on screen form includes help with filling it in.
If you have problems using the on screen form, use the ‘print then complete’ version:
you’ll have to print this version and fill it in by hand
use the CH2 Notes for help with the form
if you’re claiming for more than 2 children, use the continuation sheet CH2 (CS)
HMRC are creating new versions of their forms that don’t depend on Adobe Reader. Whilst this work is in progress the following methods can be used to ensure the form will download or open in Adobe Reader:
- whatever browser you are using, review your settings to make Adobe Reader the default program for opening PDF documents
- Windows users should right click on the form link then select ‘Save target as’ or ‘Save link as’
- Mac users should right click on the form link then select “Save linked file as”
- save the form - the recommended place is in the documents folder
- using Adobe Reader you can open the form
If the form still doesn’t open, then contact the Online Services helpdesks for more help.
Related forms and guidance
Child Benefit: information about making a claim
Guidance on who can get Child Benefit, and how and when to claim.