Report changes to family circumstances affecting Child Benefit

Tell the Child Benefit Office about changes to your family circumstances.


Report online (sign in using Government Gateway)


You can report changes to your family circumstances online, for example:

  • change of name
  • change of address
  • temporary or permanent moves abroad
  • changes to marital status, civil partnership or if living with a partner
  • change of bank account details

To report changes online, you need a Government Gateway user ID and password. If you do not have a user ID, you can create one when you report.

Email HMRC to ask for this form in Welsh (Cymraeg).

Published 30 November 2015
Last updated 22 August 2016 + show all updates
  1. The email versions of this form has been removed.

  2. First published.