Child Benefit and Child Tax Credit right to reside test: workers and self-employed people

If you are a claimant from abroad this publication gives information on what the terms 'worker' and 'self-employed person' mean for the right to reside test.



The new minimum earnings threshold for European Economic Area (EEA) migrants came into effect on 1 March 2014. The new threshold affects the ‘right to reside’ test for Child Benefit and Child Tax Credit. You and members of your family can have the right to reside if you are classed as a ‘worker’ or ‘self-employed person’. This publication explains what the terms worker and self-employed person mean.

Published 10 March 2014