- HM Revenue & Customs
- Part of:
- Self Assessment forms and helpsheets: main Self Assessment tax return and Self Assessment
- 4 July 2014
- Last updated:
- 11 April 2017, see all updates
Tax reliefs for giving to charity.
Ref: HS342 PDF, 407KB, 4 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email email@example.com. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
This guide explains tax reliefs if you give to charity. This can be by Gift Aid, gifts of shares and securities to charity, gifts of land and buildings to charity and Payroll Giving.
Published: 4 July 2014
Updated: 11 April 2017
- The helpsheet has been added for the tax year 2016 to 2017.
- Rates, allowances and duties have been updated for the tax year 2016 to 2017.
- Rates, allowances and duties have been updated for the tax year 2015 to 2016.
- First published.