Certify a vehicle is or has been carrying dangerous goods

Declare a vehicle is or has been carrying dangerous goods or hazardous substances before you take it for its annual test (MOT).


Dangerous goods vehicle certification form

This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.

If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.


Fill in this form before a vehicle has its annual test (MOT) if it’s carrying or has been carrying dangerous goods.

If a dangerous goods vehicle is taken to the test uncleaned or not purged, or is laden with dangerous goods, DVSA will need to see evidence that the vehicle is accompanied by a person with an appropriate ADR driver’s licence.

Published 1 May 2013
Last updated 2 May 2018 + show all updates
  1. Updated to include latest version of form
  2. First published.