Technical specification to ensure that CS sprays for the police are manufactured to a consistent standard and meet police requirements.
This document replaces pre‐existing specifications and standards. The major revisions include:
- requirement for submission of a technical file detailing construction of device
- revised requirements for smaller devices (defined as “concealable devices”) which are suitable for use by specialist officers
- specified methods for chemical analysis, which will be conducted as part of the CAST assessments by a CAST‐approved independent test facility
- limited assessments for inert devices and general exposure (familiarisation training) devices
- batch testing and quality assurance process through manufacturer quality testing