CAST standard for police chemical irritant sprays: CS and PAVA
Technical specification to ensure that CS sprays for the police are manufactured to a consistent standard and meet police requirements.
Ref: ISBN 978 1 78246 396 2, CAST 23/14 PDF, 655KB, 62 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
This document replaces pre‐existing specifications and standards. The major revisions include:
- requirement for submission of a technical file detailing construction of device
- revised requirements for smaller devices (defined as “concealable devices”) which are suitable for use by specialist officers
- specified methods for chemical analysis, which will be conducted as part of the CAST assessments by a CAST‐approved independent test facility
- limited assessments for inert devices and general exposure (familiarisation training) devices
- batch testing and quality assurance process through manufacturer quality testing