© Crown copyright 2017
This publication is licensed under the terms of the Open Government Licence v3.0 except where otherwise stated. To view this licence, visit nationalarchives.gov.uk/doc/open-government-licence/version/3 or write to the Information Policy Team, The National Archives, Kew, London TW9 4DU, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Where we have identified any third party copyright information you will need to obtain permission from the copyright holders concerned.
This publication is available at https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/buying-technology-how-ccs-can-help/technology-aggregation-opportunities--2
The CCS aggregation and design team provides a service for customers who have common purchasing needs for technology related products and services.
The team will collate your requirements and carry out an aggregated national further competition on your behalf in order to achieve value for money for you and the other customers taking part.
They will work with you to get all the necessary data, build the specification, develop the procurement documentation and run an eAuction (where appropriate).
Taking part in an aggregated competition is a straightforward process:
- simply sign a Memorandum of Understanding to confirm your commitment
- tell us what your requirements are
- validate the supplier tenders
- sign a contract with the successful supplier
It is critical for the success of an aggregated competition that if you decide to join you keep to your commitment.
2. Projects we’re currently working on
2.1 Customer Survey
If you have not received a direct invite to complete our survey and would like to do so, please email the Aggregation Team (email@example.com) with subject line Customer Survey and including your contact details and we will arrange for the survey invite to sent to you.
Completing our survey will take approximately 10 minutes, and will allow you to tell us about your experiences of the Aggregation Service and provide us with valuable feedback.
2.2 Customer Aggregation Event
We are holding 6 workshops around the country to get input from public sector buyers on the Aggregation process within Technology.
These events are aimed at both existing and new buyers and will provide a chance to contribute your thoughts on Aggregation and how we can develop it, to best meet your organisation’s technology needs.
The workshops will last 2 hours and cover:
- Overview of the Aggregation Service & processes
- Deepdive on how the Aggregation service can be developed and improved to meet your organisation’s requirements including: - specifications, lead-times, frequency, terms & conditions, pricing, communication methods, templates and documentation etc.
- Review aggregation activity timeline and develop further competition pipeline
If you would like to take part, please register below:
|6 July||10:00 - 12:30||London - TechUK||Register|
|11 July||10:00 - 12:30||Leicester - ESPO||Register|
|14 July||09:30 - 12:00||Wakefield - YPO||Register|
|18 July||09:30 - 12:00||Sunderland - NEPO||Register|
|20 July||10:00 - 12:30||Bristol - Hewlett Packard||Register|
|25 July||13:30 - 16:00||Norwich - CCS||Register|
Unfortunately it has been necessary to change the location of the Newcastle workshop, due to reasons beyond our control. This will now be held at Sunderland City Council.
2.3 NFC75 Mobile Voice and Data Services
Open to central government and wider public sector. This project will put in place a mobile voice and data services contract which offers you a high level of flexibility by:
- Establishing a zero line rental model for basic connections, so you do not incur costs for lines not used (zero usage)
- Structuring services as “bolt-ons” which can be added to the basic connection, enabling you to build packages to suit your specific requirements; removing the restrictions of a “one size fits all” approach
The anticipated timescales for the project are outlined below, however, they may be subject to change:
- June 2017: gathering expressions of interest from customers and compiling customer requirements
- July 2017: finalising customer requirements
- September/October 2017: conducting the competition, award to winning bidder and customers enter into contract
Register your interest in joining the procurement by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org quoting NFC75.
Find out more by joining one of our introductory webinars, please simply click on the “Register” link below to register for your preferred date:
- Tuesday 20 June 11am - Register
- Wednesday 21 June 2pm - Register
- Tuesday 27 June 2pm - Register
- Wednesday 28 June 11am - Register
The deadline for expressing an interest is 04 July 2017.
If you are interested in participating in any of these forthcoming opportunities please email email@example.com
3. Future opportunities
Please also let us know if you have a requirement that is not currently listed or does not meet the timescales stated below.
|Opportunity||Planned project start date|
|Mobile Voice and Data Services||Open to central government and wider public sector, will be gathering customer interest June 2017.|
|Technology Hardware for Schools||Open to all publicly funded schools, will be gathering customer interest July 2017|
|Integrated Communications (Fixed Voice / IP Telephony)||Open to central government and wider public sector|
|NFC67 Water, Waste Water and Ancillary Services||Gathering interest July 2017|
|NFC74 Fire & Rescue IT Hardware||Currently gathering interest. If you have not yet been contacted and are interested in participating, please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Technology Products||Gathering interest July 2017|
We’re also considering aggregated procurement opportunities in the following areas:
- Audio conferencing
- Automatic number plate recognition
- Data access / broadband
- Fixed line telephony - conventional
- Laundry and linen
- Mobile voice and data services for police
- Mobile voice and data services for education
- Office supplies
- Speed safety cameras
- Technology hardware and software for health
- Technology hardware and software for schools
- Third party IT support for schools
- Vehicle hire
- Video conferencing
- WAN connectivity (BT Netstream corporate)
- Building materials
The proposed start date for each of these opportunities is dependent on customer demand and the complexity of taking them to market. Based on demand, opportunities will be added or removed from this list.
To express your interest in getting involved please email email@example.com