Buying technology: how CCS can help
Information from the Crown Commercial Service (CCS) about current and future aggregated purchasing opportunities for technology.
This information explains the services provided by CCS for government and public sector buyers interested in buying technology goods and services. It covers the current opportunities you can get involved with and the timeline for planned future projects are outlined.
Your organisation will already have an approach to identifying the technology it needs to carry out its business and our services can assist you to achieve your goals, where appropriate.
The Government Digital Service (GDS) has produced helpful advice in a blog about “user needs” and “choosing technology that is at least as good as people have at home”
Please note, it is important you consider whether a cloud solution (e.g. Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service or Software as a Service,) would be better than owning assets. If this is a preferred option, we recommend that you look to satisfy your requirement via the Digital Marketplace.
Published: 26 September 2016
Updated: 13 July 2017
- HTML file amended with new event
- Text amended with hyperlinks to events.
- Page updated with new events / opportunities
- updated survey details.
- out of date events removed.
- Amended HTML document
- Aggregation opportunities updated.
- Opportunities updated.
- Deadline extensions
- New opportunities available.
- Updated aggregation pipeline with new opportunities for customers.
- First published.
- Updated new frameworks
- Updated attachment.
- Updated current opportunities and future opportunities
- Current and future opportunities updated.
- Updated technology aggregation opportunities