The Business Perceptions Survey has provided evidence of businesses’ views on the extent of regulation in the UK since 2007. The 2018 survey was commissioned by the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS) and conducted by OMB Research. The survey took place between February and April 2018 and comprised 2,001 20-minute telephone interviews.
Specifically, the 2018 survey aimed to collect views on:
- business challenges and the extent to which regulation is considered an obstacle to success
- the government’s approach to regulation
- businesses’ experience with regulators
- overall time spent on complying with regulations
- sources of support – including reliance and expenditure on external business agents to ensure compliance
- expectations of future regulatory burdens and reasons behind these