Building work, replacements and repairs to your home

This leaflet explains what building work must be notified to a local authority or carried out by a registered installer.



The leaflet has been updated in May 2015 to reflect recent changes to the building regulations, informing householders about the types of work that must be notified and approved as being compliant.

Published 9 August 2012
Last updated 3 November 2014 + show all updates
  1. Added updated leaflet.

  2. First published.