The purpose of this divisional circular letter is to inform building control bodies on changes made to the Building Regulations and Approved Inspectors Regulations:
- by the Building Regulations &c. (Amendment) Regulations 2015
- publication of new Approved Documents G, H, M and Q to support these changes
- removal of the maximum fine limit for breaches of the Building Regulations under sections 35 and 35A of the Building Act
- an amendment to Approved Document E in respect of the sound insulation in schools
- supplementary guidance to the guidance on ventilation in Approved Document F
- new and amended competent person schemes
The guidance in this circular letter applies to buildings and building work in England, and also to excepted energy buildings in Wales.
The department has also published circular 01/2015 to accompany the laying of the amendment regulations (SI 2015/767) .