Building Act 1984, as amended by the Deregulation Act 2015
This circular letter gives guidance to building control bodies on changes made to the Building Regulations and Approved Inspectors Regulations.
PDF, 275KB, 9 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email email@example.com. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
The purpose of this divisional circular letter is to inform building control bodies on changes made to the Building Regulations and Approved Inspectors Regulations:
- by the Building Regulations &c. (Amendment) Regulations 2015
- publication of new Approved Documents G, H, M and Q to support these changes
- removal of the maximum fine limit for breaches of the Building Regulations under sections 35 and 35A of the Building Act
- an amendment to Approved Document E in respect of the sound insulation in schools
- supplementary guidance to the guidance on ventilation in Approved Document F
- new and amended competent person schemes
The guidance in this circular letter applies to buildings and building work in England, and also to excepted energy buildings in Wales.