- Certification Officer
- Part of:
- Certification Officer decisions: breach of union rules
- 3 June 2015
This document contains the decision made by the Certification Officer in this case.
Ref: D.13-17.15-16 PDF, 401KB, 21 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email email@example.com. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
The claimant brought five complaints against the Union of Democratic Mineworkers. The complaints alleged breaches of rule relating to:
- the notices required for branch meetings;
- the voting of a branch delegate at the Union’s Council;
- the election of a National Executive Committee member;
- the attendance of a trustee at a National Executive Committee; and
- a rule change relating to sections of the union.
Two of these complaints were upheld, two were dismissed and one was struck out by the Certification Officer under section 256ZA(4) of the Trade Union and Labour Relations (Consolidation) Act 1992. The Certification Officer did not make any enforcement orders.
Published: 3 June 2015