© Crown copyright 2010
This publication is licensed under the terms of the Open Government Licence v3.0 except where otherwise stated. To view this licence, visit nationalarchives.gov.uk/doc/open-government-licence/version/3 or write to the Information Policy Team, The National Archives, Kew, London TW9 4DU, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Where we have identified any third party copyright information you will need to obtain permission from the copyright holders concerned.
This publication is available at https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/breach-of-computerprivacy-policies-by-members-of-staff/breach-of-computerprivacy-policies-by-members-of-staff
- Date requested: 03 August 2010
- Publish Date: 25 August 2010
- Updated: 10 November 2010
- How many employees from your department have been dismissed from their employment in the last five years due to abuse of computer systems or breach of computer/privacy policies?
- How many prosecutions has the department sought due to abuses of computer systems under the Computer Misuse Act 1990?
In the last five years
- only one civil servant has been dismissed from the department for abuse of computer systems/breach of computer and privacy policies
- no prosecutions have been made by the department due to abuses of computer systems under the Computer Misuse Act 1990.