How to apply for a licence to operate as a bovine semen collection centre and to use bovine animals and boars for artificial breeding and semen trade.
The use of bovine animals for domestic or EU semen trade must be approved and licensed by the Animal and Plant Health Agency (APHA) in line with the bovine semen regulations. Quarantine, collection and storage centres must also be approved and licensed.
The forms are for premises wanting to apply for approval to:
- use boars in artificial insemination
- use bovine animals for semen collection
- operate as a centre for animal semen collection
The guidance documents provide details on:
- the approval process and the different types of licences available
- how to complete the forms
- fees charged for the approval and inspection process
Some of these documents are available in Welsh.
For further information, contact the Centre for International Trade - Carlisle on 01228 403600.