The Environment Agency's current terms for refunding or transferring your boat registration.
The Environment Agency’s current terms for refunding or transferring your boat registration on their waterways.
We are able to offer you a refund in the following circumstances:
- if you are selling your boat and it does not stay on the waterway (You will also need to complete our change of ownership form)
- you remove your boat from the waterway permanently
- your boat is stolen or destroyed by fire
- an administrative error
- if you have upgraded to a Gold Licence
We are able to transfer your registration in the following circumstances:
- if you buy a new boat on the same waterways
- if you move your boat to one of our other waterways
- if you buy a larger boat
Download the document for more information about the current terms for refunding and transferring your boat registration and what you need to do to apply.