- Environment Agency
- Part of:
- River Thames: boat registration and application forms, Anglian waterways: boat registration and application forms, Upper Medway Navigation: boat registration and application forms, Environment Agency charging schemes, and Access to the countryside
- 31 March 2014
- Last updated:
- 21 November 2014, see all updates
- Applies to:
The Environment Agency's current terms for refunding or transferring your boat registration.
Ref: LIT 9908 PDF, 273KB, 2 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
The Environment Agency’s current terms for refunding or transferring your boat registration on their waterways.
We are able to offer you a refund in the following circumstances:
- if you are selling your boat and it does not stay on the waterway (You will also need to complete our change of ownership form)
- you remove your boat from the waterway permanently
- your boat is stolen or destroyed by fire
- an administrative error
- if you have upgraded to a Gold Licence
We are able to transfer your registration in the following circumstances:
- if you buy a new boat on the same waterways
- if you move your boat to one of our other waterways
- if you buy a larger boat
Download the document for more information about the current terms for refunding and transferring your boat registration and what you need to do to apply.
Published: 31 March 2014
Updated: 21 November 2014
- This updated version has changes to the 'documents you need to provide’ section – we've removed the need to send certain documents.
- First published.