Boarding schools: national minimum standards
- Department for Education
- Part of:
- National minimum standards for the welfare of children, Schools: departmental advice, and Running a school or college
- 1 November 2012
- Last updated:
- 24 March 2015, see all updates
- Applies to:
The national minimum standards that boarding schools must meet to safeguard and protect the children in their care.
This guidance is for:
- school leaders
- school staff
It applies to:
- boarding schools maintained by the local authority
- independent boarding schools
It contains a statement of national minimum standards for boarding schools that provide accommodation for children.
National minimum standards for residential special schools are also available.
Published: 1 November 2012
Updated: 24 March 2015
- Updated document as a result of Ofsted inspections against the standards, and revisions to the independent school standards.
- First published.