Summarises the Department for Business, Innovation & Skills third Manufacturing Summit, held on 28 February 2013.
On 28 February 2013 over 250 delegates gathered at the Heritage Motor Centre in Gaydon, Warwickshire to attend the Department for Business, Innovation & Skills (BIS) third Manufacturing Summit. The Deputy Prime Minister Nick Clegg and Business Secretary Vince Cable delivered keynote speeches, while David Willetts, Michael Fallon and Lord Green also participated.
The event provided the opportunity for stakeholders across the sector to engage with ministers and to take part in a programme covering key challenges and issues for the manufacturing industry. This document summarises the issues discussed on the day and the government’s next steps.
For further information, see
- the Manufacturing section of the guide to the work of BIS sector teams
- full text of Deputy Prime Minister’s speech at the Manufacturing Summit
- the press release on Advanced manufacturing supply chain and competition brief for rounds 3 and 4
- the Technology Strategy Board’s information on the Advanced Manufacturing Supply Chain Initiative
- Manufacturing Summit 2013: summary leading up to the event