- HM Revenue & Customs
- Part of:
- Self Assessment forms and helpsheets: self-employment and partnerships and Self Assessment
- 4 July 2014
- Last updated:
- 3 May 2017, see all updates
Help with your tax return if you're an author or an artist.
Ref: HS234 PDF, 266KB, 4 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email email@example.com. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
This guide will help you fill in your tax return if you’re an author or an artist and you have fluctuating profits.
Published: 4 July 2014
Updated: 3 May 2017
- The helpsheet has been added for the tax year 2016 to 2017.
- Rates, allowances and duties have been updated for the tax year 2016 to 2017.
- Rates, allowances and duties have been updated for the tax year 2015 to 2016.
- First published.